|This tote would make a perfect carry-on.|
The Do's and Don'ts of traveling with luggage.
- Don't buy black roller luggage - many bags look alike and you would be surprised how many people walk off with the wrong luggage.
- Don't pack valuables in your checked luggage. This includes: cash, electronics, medication, keys, etc. If your luggage is lost you will need to have all essential items with you. Unfortunately most airlines will not replace stollen high-value items from you luggage.
- Don't pack frozen raw hamburger meat in a cooler - when it thaws it will leak and ruin everyone's luggage (true story - this really happened).
- Don't pack frozen snow cone juice in a cooler - when it thaws it will leak and ruin everyone's luggage (this also is a sad, but true story).
-Don't pack weed in your girlfriend's bag without her knowing about it. It isn't good for the relationship when she gets arrested (true story, the girlfriend was super upset and I have a feeling they broke up).
- Don't overpack. Less is more when it comes to packing. If at all possible just pack what you need. Lugging around heavy luggage is no fun, so simplify as much as possible.
-Don't pack hazardous materials. Check with TSA or your airline to see approved packing items.
- Buy luggage that is unique (black luggage is hard to spot in a sea of black luggage).
- Buy high quality luggage. Luggage will typically travel a few miles on conveyor belts during the course of your trip. Wheels and handles tend to brake on cheaper bags and most airlines will not cover the replacement of exterior parts. Find a luggage company that offers a lifetime warranty so you will never have to worry.
- Put a personal name tag on all checked and carry-on luggage.
- Put something unique on your bag like a ribbon, bow, or some design that will make your luggage stand out.
- Put a personal name tag/business card inside of your luggage.
- Keep your medication, keys, electronics, etc. with you at all times.
- Verify your checked luggage is going to the correct destination. Accidents happen and sometimes luggage is mistagged. When your luggage is being tagged verify with the agent that the luggage is going to the correct city.
-Keep your luggage claim tickets until your luggage is back safe in your possession.